Appointment of New Chairman and Board of Governors
The Norwegian Business Association India is pleased to welcome Captain Navin Passey, Managing Director, Wallem Ship Management, India as the new chairman to take over leadership of NBAI for 2017.
He succeeds Mr. Richard Chapman, MD Jotun India who has supported NBAI with his chairmanship for two years and handed over effective as of 8th June, 2017.
On his appointment as Chairperson, Capt Passey addressed “I am honoured to be taking on this important role from Richard, who has so ably helmed the association to date, and look forward to working closely with our member companies, with the support of the Board, Embassy and Innovation Norway. This is an excellent moment to strengthen the Norway- India Partnership and the association will be fully engaged in working to enhance the bilateral economic relationship.”
In his professional life, Capt Passey is Managing Director of Wallem Ship management (India) Pvt. Ltd., a Norwegian owned multi-national company established in 1903, and head quartered in Hong Kong with global offices. The company is a complete Maritime Services provider.
Besides his association with Wallem spanning nearly 40 years, amongst other activities, Navin is actively involved with several maritime bodies and institutions, both in the private and Government sectors.
- Chairman of Foreign Shipowners and Shipmanagers Association, India.
- Govt. of India’s Task Force on Infrastructure Development & Mega Projects.
- Director, ICSW Asia.
- Member of several Indian parliamentary and ministerial committees on shipping related matters across the globe.
- Director : International Maritime Employers Council, London.
Supplementing the Chair, the Norwegian Business Association India has put together an outstanding group of industry professionals to lead the organization into 2017. The 2017-18 Board of Governors is comprised of individuals from a wide variety of Norwegian businesses across India that are dedicated to bringing together local and regional business leaders to enhance business development, to nurture personal and professional relationships, to facilitate the exchange of commerce between members, and to preserve the rich heritage of the dynamic business community that exists in and around Norway and India.
Current Board Members stand off as of now;
1) Chairman- Capt Navin Passey-MD-Wallem Ship management
2) Vice-Chairman-Capt Kishore Sunderesan-MD-Kongsberg Digital
3) Treasurer-Derick Dias- Chief Representative-DNB Bank, India
4) Ashish Gharpure-COO-Aker Solutions
5) Thor Eric Harestad-MD-Kongsberg Maritime
6) T.F.Jayasurya-MD-Windsim India
7) Pankaj Sharma-COO-Telenor India
8) NEW! Unni Silkoset-Regional Director-Laerdal Medical India
9) NEW! Bredo Erichsen- MD- Statkraft India
10) NEW! Ganesh Shenoy-CFO-VP IT-MTR Foods India
1) H.E. Ambassador of Norway to India-Nils Ragnar Kamsvag
2) Consul General- Torbjorn Holthe
3) Trade Commissioner-Helge Tryti
Thus, the board welcomes the new Chair Capt Navin Passey and also pays tribute to Mr. Richard Chapman for his dedication and deployed energy, wishing him all the best as he moves to new pastures soon.
We look forward to a continued relationship with you all.