Congratulations to Telenor Group India winner of NABA 2014
And the winner is: Telenor Group India Norway took the very first Asia Business Award. The award was presented at the Norway Asia Business Summit 2014 in Bangkok Friday 25 April 2014.
The NBAI Board is proud to announce that Telenor India is the winner of the Norway Asia Business Award 2014. Executive Vice President and Regional Head Telenor Asia along with Rajiv Bawa, Chief Representative Officer, TelenorGroup India received the award presented by CEO Kristin Skogen Lund NHO, H.E. Norway’s Deputy Minister of Trade and Industry, Dilek Ayhan and President, Norwegian Business Association Singapore Erik Borgen.
From the previous article: The NBAI candidate chosen by the majority of responding members, a choice the Nominating Committee fully supported, is Telenor Group India. Congratulations Telenor!
Members were asked to nominate a Norwegian company in India, could be their own company, for the NABA 2014. The Nomination Committee reviewed the candidates, and agreed with the majority of responding members that Telenor should be the NBAI candidate, even though other candidates also stood a good chance.
Members who responded to the quest had various reasons for supporting Telenor as the NBAI candidate:
- “Its model of operations ie low cost, efficient and innovative model sets a benchmark for multinational companies, especially Norwegian who are looking to enter the Indian market”
- “I can nominate Uninor for innovation with its Retail 2.0 concept for shops”
- “It operates in tough environment in India and has demonstrated that with perseverance it is possible to succeed in India. Further, despite the tremendous turmoil due to factors beyond its control, it has managed to motivate its employees and channel partners”.
- “It can be considered as role model for Norwegian companies for operating in emerging markets.”
- “UNINOR kept motivations by the employees, successful in the marked and are doing charity contribution in the states they are present. Still making progress in a very competitive market.”
The NABA 2014 Criteria
“The Norway-Asia Business Award shall be awarded to a Norwegian owned company in Asia that has distinguished itself through growth, innovation or otherwise in the Asian country it specifically operates or in Asia in general.”
You can read the full reasoning for nominating Telenor Group India in the nomination letter sent to the NABA Coordinating Committee. The NBAI Nomination Committee was mandated by the Board of Directors and had Chairman Willy E Praet, Ambassador Homme and Director of Innovation Norway as members.
You will find more details about the award and the nomination process by clicking here.
The Norway-Asia Business Summit 2014 will take place in Bangkok 24th – 26th April and in Myanmar from 27th -29th April. You will find detailed information about the summit on this link to official Summit webpage. The formal invitation to the summit has not been sent out yet.