NOVEMBER-Seminar on Sexual Harassment & Gender Sensitisation
For the first time, NBAI along with Norwegian Consulate conducted a seminar on the country’s HR practices & their contemporary culture in relation to sexual harassment at workplace and raising awareness of gender equality concerns.
The seminar was addressed by the heads of Norwegian companies -Thor Erik Harestad (President Kongsberg Maritime), Yuvraj Labde (Deputy Manager – HR – The Jotun Group), Ajay Raghavan (Partner & Head labour & employment, Trilegal) and Ila Arun (Promoter of Norwegian Culture in India, popular Indian Actress, TV personality , Singer and Director of the IBSEN Festival).
Deputy Consul General Tor Dahlstorm welcomed the guests, which was followed by a session on The Protection of Women against Sexual Harassment & Gender Sensitisation at Workplace with a Norwegian Perspective by the chief guest, Yvonne Fosser, Global HR head of Innovation Norway.
Major points of discussion included
- India-relevance regards to policies and practices keeping in mind that Indian corporate bodies reserved 7.7% quota for women recruitment in company’s board of members and 2.7% for board chairs; and Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace Act was passed in April 2013 that was brought into force from 9th December, 2013
- Compliance of prevention of Sexual Harassment (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 by Jotun India Pvt. Ltd
- Identifying preventive and corrective measures for prevention of sexual harassment at work.
- Women’s safety and technology gadgets to be used at work premises
- Gender sensitizing and training employees regarding prevention law